Am Mittwoch 30 Januar 2002 13:12 schrieb Matthieu Amiguet:
> Hi lyx users!
>

> But the number one question is: how difficult will it be
> to install lyx (it seems not to be included in the base distribution)?
> I switched to linux mainly because of lyx, and I wouldn't live without
> it now...
> So if anyone has had an experience with installing lyx on a PPC-running
> linux, I would be glad to know it!

yepp, that's me again :-)

I don't habe slightest problem building and running lyx on my PB G3/500
and on an iMac Rev. A (see, see those things still exist...).
I'm running SuSE/ppc 7.1 and 7.3.
If you're interested in an rpm, I made the 7.1.rpm available on
ftp.sylvan.com (ie Kayvan made it available..., I merely built it)
Just make sure your libc is up to date (the dependencies should tell you
that)
Unfortunately I still have to build the 1.1.6fix4.rpm on my new
7.3-system. I'll probably upload it today

Have fun*

Niklas
Niklas Werner

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~wernern/