Allan Rae wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, John O'Gorman wrote:
> [...]
> > Any idea of how you pass a filename argument to file-open?
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg03622.html
>
> I knew I'd seen your exact question not long ago.
>
> Allan. (ARRae)

Thank you Alan
.
I found the section in the manual (Chapter 4 of Customization).

The example in your reference and the ones in the manual
haven't worked exactly as described - but I have started
burrowing into the src. The relevant files seem to be:
 LyXAction.C and lyxserver.C.

when I print "LYXCMD:test:file-open:/path/to/myfile" > ~/.lyxpipe.in
the command is echoed back exactly
 on ~/.lyxpipe.out
The manual said it should reply
"INFO:test:file-open:data" (I am getting back LYXCMD instead of INFO)
LyX is not executing the file-open.

So I am doing something wrong!

There is a reference to development/server_monitor.c
Does anyone know how I can get this?

John O'Gorman