On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 10:13:42AM -0500, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 08:37:22AM +0100, Herbert Voss wrote:
> > what about this?
> >
> > http://www.lyx.org/help/table/vline.php
>
> Well, almost. See attached example -- I have to use multicolumn
> (because of the last subheading) and of course latex hugely
> complains, when it has \midrule in \multicolumn.

Use the following hack:
Delete the \midrule from the multicolumn cell.
Now, go to the last cell in the row above the multicolumn, and write the
following at the end of the cell in latex mode '\\ \midrule %'
The percent char is needed in order to comment out the \\ which is put by
lyx in the latex file.

You can use the same trick to enter \toprule (namely write '\\ \midrule %'
in the last cell of the table. Note that your current method is wrong).