On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 11:04:34PM +0200, Dekel Tsur wrote:
> Use the following hack:
> Delete the \midrule from the multicolumn cell.
> Now, go to the last cell in the row above the multicolumn, and
> write the following at the end of the cell in latex mode '\\
> \midrule %' The percent char is needed in order to comment out
> the \\ which is put by lyx in the latex file.
>
> You can use the same trick to enter \toprule (namely write '\\
> \midrule %' in the last cell of the table. Note that your
> current method is wrong).

You meant \bottomrule, didn't you? There is no problem with
inserting \toprule to the first cell of the table directly
(actually, I have no idea, how could one use your trick to insert
\toprule, because there is no cell preceding that line).

Nevertheless, thank you very much. It works like a charm.

Herbert, could you include this among the Tips, please?

        Thanks to both of you

                Matej

--
Matej Cepl, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Q: Is vi an easy editor to learn, is it intuitive?
A: Yes, some of us think so. But most people think that we are
   crazy.
        -- vi FAQ