    Guenter> I.e. (if I am right) an eps file in a template needs to
    Guenter> be given the absolute path (as a template is intended for
    Guenter> "take and move to a new file").

I agree - and that is what my template file has.

However, it appears that in the process of reading the template file
into a lyx buffer, it performs a conversion to relative pathname.
This doesn't occur if I open the template file directly, only when I
do "New from template".

    Guenter> Does it help to open the insert-graphic-dialog and insert
    Guenter> the absolute path?

Hmm - no it doesn't - because each time I change it to absolute path
in the dialogue, it gets changed back to relative next time I click on
the graphic to edit its attributes !

Also, the graphic itself is *actually appearing* in the lyx buffer!

Something strange appears to be going on here.

Has anyone any more ideas ?
Waiting in anticipation,
Pete