> ... Some of us are too old to learn yet another minor
> programming language.  I'm sure python, like tcl or icon (from the
> University of Arizona), has its strong points, just as sh/ksh/csh have
> their strong points -- but python, tcl, and icon remain fringe
> programming languages with tiny user and library bases.  If LyX is to
> have a language for user extensions and modifications, I'd rather see
> a traditional and powerful language like elisp....

Another lisp? [SFX: violent vomiting]

Look, I'm 43 and I try to pick up a new scripting language every
once in a while. I took to TCL right away, AppleScript even faster,
Perl took a couple of tries and some motivation but I got it, and
I've known awk for a long time. I've tried several times over the
years to learn Lisp or some variant, and can't ever get my head
wrapped around it.

Can any scripting language talk to LyX through the server pipes?
I think that would be the best way to go; everyone could use their
favorite language to script LyX.

--
Larry Kollar   k o l l a r  at  a l l t e l . n e t
"Content creators are the engine that drives value in the