> > Did you use the Bibtex reference in Insert->List & TOC->BibTeX
> > reference?
>
> Yes. I tried this and "Insert bibtex" from gbib, which is the
> same.:)

I am sorry, but I think you misunderstood me, if I am wrong please
humor me :).

Lyx needs to know that you are using bibtex and which type of
reference list you need. You insert this once into the document at the
point where you want your reference to go. This is the BibTeX reference I
wrote about.

When you have done this you need to insert the citation you need either in
the insert->insert Citation or through gbib.

The other reason you may get this error is if the citation is missing
in your .bib file. But then it should not work when you do it manually
either.

Yours Ingar Pareliussen