I'd welcome hearing from anyone who has successfully gotten LyX
(preferably version 1.2.x) working on Mac OS.  I've tried following the
instructions on the LyX page and the pages they point to, but have not
been successful in getting the xforms library.  I can run LyX from a
remote host, but would like a native version here.

(FWIW, I succeeded in getting fink, XDarwin, the window manager, and
teTeX installed.  Alas, my Solaris experience isn't worth much on this
still unfamiliar Mac.)

Thanks in advance for suggestions and help,

Ronald