On 7 Nov 2002, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Christian> Does anybody know what the purpose is of the "Note" inset?
>
> To have some parts of the text that are viewable but not printable.
> See this as the equivalent of the % character in latex (comment).

I see.. thanks

> Christian> Are there any plans for making that printable in the
> Christian> future?
>
> There are no concrete plans, but there have been discussions on the
> subjects. Ideas include
>
> - export notes as % latex comments (this should not be too difficult,
>   but there are some problems to solve)
> - have the possibility to print the comments (but in which form?)
> - have the possiblity to give tags to notes, ad print only notes with
>   a certain tag.

Some additional thoughts I've had about notes (intended to be kept
and reread when this issue is discussed in the future):

See

        http://www.md.kth.se/~chr/lyx/notes/

instead, it became longer than I thought and I decided to put it there
instead.

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-790 91 37           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr
Mechatronics lab, Dept. of Machine Design        http://www.md.kth.se