On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 08:30:44PM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> Norman Kabir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | LyX is a phenomenal text editor.
> |
> | Has anyone considered building a code editor on top of LyX? I think it
> | would be very useful to be able to mingle formulas, text, images and
> | source code.
>
> Well... LyX has been used for (and is still beeing used?) literal
> programming, which is just what you seem to want.

Yes. I use LyX almost every day for Literate Programming.

Norman just needs to install noweb (just follow the links from www.lyx.org
to the Noweb related pages) and run Edit->Reconfigure to get the
Literate document classes to show up.

After that, he can look at examples/listerrors.lyx or examples/noweb2lyx.lyx
to see how it works.

                        ---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)