Ernesto Jardim wrote:
> I'm writing a document using the doc class "article" and I don't want
> the date to be printed. How can I do it ?

Most simple solution is to put unbreakable space and on the
special line and give it environment Date. However, the result is
ugly (you get one more blank line in the title). The right
solution is to put this into Layout/Preamble (but you may break
something):

        \def\@maketitle{%
          \newpage
          \null
          \vskip 2em%
          \begin{center}%
          \let \footnote \thanks
                 {\LARGE \@title \par}%
                 \vskip 1.5em%
                 {\large
                        \lineskip .5em%
                        \begin{tabular}[t]{c}%
                          \@author
                        \end{tabular}\par}%
                 % comment out printing of date
                 % and improper vertical space
                 %\vskip 1em%
                 %{\large \@date}%
          \end{center}%
          \par
          \vskip 1.5em}

Happy LyXing!

        Matej

--
Matej Cepl, [EMAIL PROTECTED],
Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse
every time Congress meets
    -- Will Rogers