On Saturday 26 October 2002 1458 pm, you wrote:
> Hello,
> Just wonder how your guys create a hand-drawn pictur in PS format. I
> hate to use "Xfig" in UNIX, which is too clumsy to me. Is there any way
> we can draw some plots in Powerpoint, or Paint, etc., then convert them
> into .ps ones with bounding box  (so that they will be easily integrated
> into .tex file)?
> best thanks
> -- Zhigang

Personally, I think xfig is quite a neat tool to do exactly what you're
asking.

Some alternatives:

1. Any program (PowerPoint, etc.), then define a printer as a Generic
Postscript  printer, and print to a file. [This will probably give you a
raster image within the Postscript]

2. CorelDraw

3. Gimp [This will give you a raster image within the Postscript]

3. The pstricks package
(http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss/lyx/psTricks/pstricks.phtml)

--
L. R. Denham