Richard A. Bilonick wrote:
> Yet the spell check does not work on my Home system. When I installed RH
> 8.0 on my home system I did an upgrade. When I installed RH 8.0 on my
> work system I had to do a new install (due to some install problems).
> Yet the spell check works as expected on the Work system but not the
> Home system. LyX is configured identially on the two systems.

Try to play with

lyx -dbg

(redirect stderr to file as the amount of information produced is
massive)

and tell us whay you find

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, [EMAIL PROTECTED],
Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

I believe in the power of prayer. It's been said: "I would rather
stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers
of the righteous." The prayers of a friend are one of life's most
gracious gifts.
    -- George W. Bush at the 2001 National Prayer Breakfast