Herbert - the title I meant was the title or heading for each slide..
(so it comes under the "Slide" or "Slide*" environment in
LyX/pdfscreen).

Thanks Dekel for the code.. works great! I used the first option so that
I can control the vertical spacing since some of the slide
titles/headings are single lines and others have two lines..

nirmal