Richard Lott wrote:
I'm new to this list and new to lyx. I just got started and went through the tutorial and part of the user guide. I'm looking forward to getting to know Lyx better.

Right now, I am trying to force first line indentation for first paragraphs and also to learn more about changing fonts. Probably further reading of the documentation will help with the fonts.
Without going into LaTeX (also known as ERT - Evil Red Texts) you're very limited in what you can do with fonts. You set the font family for the whole from Layout->Document; within a document all you can do is change the face (roman, sans serif, typewriter) size etc.

If you want to experiment with LaTeX font commands, have a look at www.bilkent.edu.tr/~robin - there's a downloadable LyX file about fonts on that page.

Robin

--
"Chen Shuo, the time has come for action! My daughter
Zia has been stolen by the evil Wolf Jaw school, and

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533