Vinay Ramnath wrote:

Hi,

Well, I just reinstalled gcc, which seems to be a C compiler. Since it was my C++ compiler that was lacking, if I did have any, I also installed gpp, the C++ compiler. This probably solved it, 'cause configuration went fine. The machine recognized gcc as my C compiler and gpp as my C++ compiler, I needed both.

Now I'm facing new difficulties.

1. It can not find libforms or libxforms. Since I do have XForms installed, the 0.89-1 rpm, I have to direct it there with the --with-extra-lib option, according to the INSTALL file. I do not have the faintest idea where these files should be. Could you help?

2. It cannot find forms.h. I suppose they should be part of XForms as well. Might there be something wrong with my XForms package? According to the INSTALL file, this could be the case if I haven't installed the kernel sources. Does that mean that I shouldn't have the rpm installed but have compiled it from source code instead? Do you have a good solution for this. If I do have to remove my current XForms installation and install it from source instead, LyX 1.2.1, which uses my current XForms, might not work anymore, even if I install the new version, right? Or will everything go fine as long as i run ldconfig after make install?

Well, there is progress though... :)

Vinay

Hello,

you need to install the package xformsd to compile anything related to xforms.
But you should really update to xforms1.0 if you can

Michael

--
Michael Abshoff - MRB - Universität Dortmund - Telefon 755-3463 (intern)

Where do you want to RTFM today?