On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Andre Poenitz wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 06:52:01PM -0800, Eran Guendelman wrote:
> > First, is there any keyboard-shortcut way of inserting a matrix in a
> > math formula (I usually prefer keyboard shortcuts to having to go to the
> > math panel).
>
> M-x math-matrix <rows> <cols>
>
> or directly   \pmatrix, \vmatrix etc.

Thanks, the first method works well.  Not sure how to use \pmatrix or
\vmatrix, though (they just give me a single element matrix or
determinant).

> > Also, what is the status with the various math symbols that show up as
> > LaTeX text rather than their symbol in LyX.  (e.g. \emptyset shows up as
> > red "emptyset" rather than the actual symbol).
>
> They tend to work fine.

You mean in particular \emptyset and, say, \epsilon work for you??

> > I'm using LyX 1.2.1. Is my setup wrong? (This only happens for some
> > symbols, so I'm assuming my setup is fine).  Since all the symbols are in
> > the math panel it seems you've already got the pixmaps/characters for
> > them so is there anything I can do to make them also show up in my
> > formulas?
>
> Are your LaTeX fonts accessible to your X server?

I'm not sure, but since mostly everything else works I assume they are.
How do I check?

Thanks