On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 11:43:25AM +0200, Miki Dovrat wrote:
> May I ask why would lyx-maple interaction be needed?

Why sells Scientic Workplace? Obviously people want that functionality.

> Lyx is for writing, and maple is for calculating, why mix?

Because it is tedious to copy expressions between them manually. Maple's
Cut&Paste is more or less incompatible with the rest of the world and LyX
is no champion in this arena either.

Why do you want do to something tedious manually if it can be automated?

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)