Christian> On 11 Mar 2003, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> [...]
Owen> O wait I get it now when you go meta-m and it gived you options
Owen> like slash it means "/" not "slash".
>>  Indeed :) And concerning the ~S notation, it means "the state of
>> the shift key is not relevant" (this is useful because "2", for
>> example, will need shift on a french keyboard, but not on an US
>> one).

Christian> Now I'm confused...

Christian>      C-m starts math (inline mode) S-C-m starts math
Christian> (display mode)

Christian> so there is a difference, i.e. S stands for Shift?

Yes, S stands for shift, and ~S stands for "don't worry about shift".

JMarc