I'm using 1.2.3 and I have \cfoot and \chead and \date { } in my preamble
to get the formatting with fancy style just how I want it for a certain
kind of doc I frequently use. Well, almost.

At this point writing a style definition is over my head. But I was
wondering if the following things could be just a few more preamble lines
to suit my needs.

1) Why doesn't format-doc-fonts work? I set to helvitica and it stays with
Times. But helv is not lacking on my system and format character works. Is
this broken? ... not implemented yet? For a certain type of doc I want all
helv as default.

2) Is there a way to get my same footer and header on page 1 as all the
other pages? The '1' pagenumber on the first page is useless. I want
the same header and footer on the first page for this certain type of doc.

3) I need to have the part, section, subsection and subsubsection styles
centered. Can I do this? I can find a style that will do this that is
otherwise like article or articleAMS.

4) Is it possible to have 2 headers in the same doc? I want the centered
one that I use plus left and right title/pagenumber combinations. They
don't have to be on the same line as the centered header.

thanks much,
jamie faunt