On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Philip A. Viton wrote:

> (Re: LyX-Qt for win32, version 1.3.2)
>
> Is there any way to have LyX remember the initial directory for bibtex
> databases (.bib files)? The way I've got things set up, I need to search
> for it each time: LyX defaults its own bin folder. There's a better than
> even chance that this is due to something I did wrong in setup, so if
> there's some file/entry which should store this, could someone please tell
> me what it is?

Hi

When I click on one of the browse-buttons in the dialog "BibTex", it opens
the browser dialog for the directory from which Lyx was started... so
try starting lyx from another directory, i.e. from the directory where you
have your .bib-files.

Here's another way though to make it easier to find the .bib-files:

First set your environment variables properly, i.e. see >man bibtex
and set the variables: $BIBINPUTS and $BSTINPUTS

This way, you never have to browse directly to the .bib-files, but
instead you can just type their name since the $BIBINPUTS is properly.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr