Dear list:

I am currently using natbib and apalike to format my Phd bibliography.
All is working well!  But I have two questions to save a bit of time and
effort:

1.      Is there someway to have Bibtex auto-sort multiple citations in
alphabetical order when they appear in the text? Ie, entering  (Bob,
1987; Sam, 2000; Fred, 1988) in Lyx but having Bibtex sort them in
alphabetical order in the final document?

2.      Currently using the above packages Insert-->Citation produces
"Smith (1990)" and I need to enter \citep{smith} in ERT to get "(Smith,
1990)".

Is it possible for me to change something in Lyx so that the latter
format is default since I use this format the most? (I can then use
\citet{smith} for the former when needed)

Regards

Rob

Robin D. Saunders
Hydraulics Research Group