On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 12:31:58PM -0400, William O. Bray wrote:

> Dear list, I wonder if it is possible to add a tool button which will open the
> delimiter and bracket dialog directly without going through the math panel. I

I don't think this is possible in 1.3. However, you CAN add buttons
for each type of bracket:

   Icon "math-delim ( )"

in the default.ui file in ~/.lyx/ui/ (put it there)

Note it won't be able to find an icon for you ...

> Perhaps my patience is required here; I have seen hints that version 1.4 of
> Lyx will make steps toward breaking the rather cumbersome (opinion) math

Some steps, yes ...

john
--
Khendon's Law:
If the same point is made twice by the same person, the thread is over.