On 2003-09-29, 15:48 GMT, Katrin Pietzsch wrote:
> The main thing i like is that i don't need to write all the code,
> which always distracts me from concentrating on my text

Yes, this is the main reason for me as well. I have really hard time not
to fiddle with some LaTeX details when editing LaTeX documents in vim
and it gets me distracted from my work.

> So far I never had the feeling that i can't achieve with lyx what some
> of my friends achieve with writing latex in an editor - though that
> might be because I so far didn't do very complex layouts or a lot of
> mathematic writing. For me the question would rather be "Why would
> I want to use a text-editor and write plain latex, if I can use lyx?"
> :o)

On the other hand -- I feel that time is coming that some improvement in
LyX bare-bone editing capabilities is due: it still doesn't have
Ctrl/Alt+T from emacs (switching letters, words) and many other things
which are just much better in my good text editor (in my case vim, but
emacs would serve as well). And yes, I think that scripting abilities
are long overdue as well.

   Have a nice day,

      Matěj

--