Hi,

I am using lyx regularly to prepare slides and materials for classes.
With 1.3.3 I am working quite happily under SuSE 8.2. since it was
available.

Since a few days something goes wrong - any  time I try to save a freshly
started slide file after I try to insert a table --  I get something like:

lyx: SIGSEGV signal caught
Sorry, you have found a bug in LyX. Please read the bug-reporting
instructions in Help->Introduction and send us a bug report, if necessary.
Thanks !
LyX: Versuche, das Dokument slides_three_new.lyx zu speichern...
  slides_three_new.lyx.emergency

The emergency file then proves to be a bastard which sends lyx into an
infinite loop - if I copy xyz.lyx.emergency to xyz.lyx and then start lyx
xyz.lyx & it never makes it further than just to display the qt-window
frame...

Well I should mention, that exporting or viewing PDF without saving the
file works nicely, only the save button has to be avoided...

Any idea how to proceed with diagnostics? (I have attached the latest
"slides_three_new.lyx.emergency" )

thanx

-KB

Dr. Konrad Blum / PPRE / EHF / Dept. Physics / Fac. Maths & Science
  Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg / http://www.ppre.de
#LyX 1.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 221
\textclass slides
\language english
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme times
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize a5paper
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 1
\use_amsmath 0
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation landscape
\leftmargin 0.1in
\topmargin 0.1in
\rightmargin 0.1in
\bottommargin 0.1in
\headheight 0in
\headsep 0in
\footskip 0in
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation skip
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle empty

\layout Standard
\align center

\series bold
\shape slanted
\size huge
\color red
Energy of Biomass Fuels
\layout Standard

Thinking chemistrywise:
\layout Standard

\begin_inset Formula \[
A+B\longrightarrow C+D\]

\end_inset

\layout Standard

\begin_inset Formula $\Delta H_{reaction}=H_{products}-H_{educts}$
\end_inset

 and
\layout Standard

\begin_inset Formula $\Delta G_{reaction}=G_{products}-G_{educts}$
\end_inset

\layout Standard

So, if we talk of
\begin_inset Quotes eld
\end_inset

energy content
\begin_inset Quotes erd
\end_inset

 of some biofuel
\begin_inset Formula $A$
\end_inset

 we in reality assume that this is the
\emph on
enthalpy
\emph default
 released in the reaction of
\begin_inset Formula $A$
\end_inset

 with oxygen under some well defined conditions (
\begin_inset Formula $B$
\end_inset

 in the equation above) to the products
\begin_inset Formula $C+D$
\end_inset

 (regularly
\emph on
water
\emph default
 and carbon
\emph on
dioxide
\emph default
).
\layout Standard

And there is a further complication:
\layout Standard

\begin_inset Formula \[
CH_{4}+2O_{2}\longrightarrow CO_{2}+2H_{2}O\]

\end_inset

\layout Standard

...the so called
\emph on
stoichiometric factors.
\layout Standard

So for the
\emph on
combustion reaction of methane
\emph default
 the above given calculcations for
\begin_inset Formula $\Delta H_{reaction}$
\end_inset

 and
\begin_inset Formula $\Delta G_{reaction}$
\end_inset

 are better made in the following way:
\layout Standard
\align center