Sean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I think I've fixed it. I don't know who makes LyX/Mac, but whoever
> does should really rethink the design a little.

I'm not sure what was "broken."  Early on Jean-Marc and I played with
an idea similar to yours for LyX/Mac.  Aside from being ugly, your
hack breaks Start-LyX, reLyX, noweb2lyx, and lyxeditor (which is used
for reverse DVI search with xdvi or MacDviX).  It may also break
starting LyX from the command line for batch processing and debugging.
I suppose with enough hacking you get get some of those features to
work, but in the process you would compromise the simple and reliable
installation, and lack of ugly hacks, that makes LyX/Mac appealing to
many Mac users.

As I noted earlier, if you have some compulsion to move LyX to a
different directory, you can make an alias anywhere you want.  The LyX
alias will function with all of the features your hack breaks.
--

Ronald Florence                         www.18james.com