On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 07:10:31PM +0000, Parminder Singh wrote:
> hi everyone,
> i want to use lyx for writting my thesis and i have got templates from my
> university which i need to follow. the template is a tex template. what
> would be the best way to use it from within lyx. this is extremly urgent
> since i have to finish my thesis in 30 days. i am using linux 2.6.3, any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
> thank you,
> Parminder Gupta
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

What is this tex template? Is it a sample thesis or a TeX/LaTeX sty file?

If it is the former, then you should be able to just follow the same
style recommendations inside LyX without problems. If it is the latter,
it may be as simple as a "\usepackage{...}" statement in the document
preamble.

In either case, I think the LyX developers and users would need more
information to help you.

Best regards,

                        ---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)