Markus Amersdorfer wrote:
> If I set my LyX-document to be a two-sided one, it does change the
> layout accordingly, but it seems to leave bigger margins to the "outer"
> part of the page and smaller margins to the "inner" part.
> Shouldn't it be just the other way round? If I have my document printed
> out and be bound as a book, shouldn't there be more space "in the
> middle" of a double-page due to the binding process consuming some
> space?

No. If you bind a two sided document, the two inner margins (left and right
page) should have the same width than both outer margins.
For the binding process, you have to additionally add a "binding correction"
value, which is added to the inner margin. KOMA script has the document
option "BCOR=<value>" for this.

In general, you should read chapter 2 of the KOMA script documentation (on
page layout and margins):
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/koma-script/scrguide.pdf

Jürgen.