On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Markus Amersdorfer wrote:

> If I set my LyX-document to be a two-sided one, it does change the layout
> accordingly, but it seems to leave bigger margins to the "outer" part of
> the page and smaller margins to the "inner" part. Shouldn't it be just the
> other way round? If I have my document printed out and be bound as a book,
> shouldn't there be more space "in the middle" of a double-page due to the
> binding process consuming some space?

Max,

  It does intuitively seem like the inner margins should be larger so the
text is centered on the visible page after binding. However, some books have
larger margins on the page edge. Perhaps for motes? I've seen both in the
technical books I have. I suspect it's a page layout decision without a
single answer.

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President