>>From: Nicolas Ferré <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: Lyx Users <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: pdf converter
>>Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:33:15 +0200
>>
>>Dear all,
>>Does it exist a pdf to lyx converter (optionally pdf to latex) ? Actually,
>>some pdf to text converters exist, like pstotext.
>>But I'm wondering if some programs could extract also formats or even tables
>>from a pdf file. I must confess I'm not quite sure what type of information
>>is stored in a pdf file ! So I hope my question is not too naive !
>>Nicolas
>>
>From the command
man xpdf
--- Begin quotation
SEE ALSO
     pdftops(1),    pdftotext(1),    pdfinfo(1),     pdffonts(1),
     pdftopbm(1), pdfimages(1), xpdfrc(5)
     http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/
--- End quotation
None of these can reconstruct highly structured stuff however.
Don't rememeber if pdfimages can get vector graphics back,
or if you must fist go back to ps and then use the psutils scripts.

--
Jean-Pierre