I believe qtconfig is what you are looking for.

Angus Leeming wrote:
Rich Shepard wrote:

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Angus Leeming wrote:

By "Borders", you mean the size of the text in the menubar, toolbar
and minibuffer, and the size of the icons in the toolbar?

Angus,

  Yes. I should have been more explicit.

1. You are running the Qt-frontend version of LyX. Qt look and feel
(text size in this case) is controlled by QControlCenter or
suchlike. Maybe QConfig. I forget the name, but the point is that
it is controlled from a single place and covers all Qt apps. LyX
itself controls only how text appears inside the main LyX screen.

Thanks. I'll go look for this config file.

It's an executable. Others will be able to tell you what it's called.
Angus (brain like a sieve today.)