On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Peter Harkins wrote:

Speaking of QT issues, I've run into a regular frustration since switching
over from the xforms interface: if I hit ALT, the menu bar is highlighted
so I can go through it with the arrow keys. Aside from the many LyX
shortcuts using ALT, I have some set up through my window manager. It
happens several times during any particular editing session that I start a
shortcut and change my mind or move the window using ALT and end up with
the menu selected when I don't want it.

Is there any way I can disable this or shove it off to an unused key?

Peter,

  Why not set up your key bindings in ~/.lyx/bind/my.bind You can copy
either cua.bind or emacs.bind to my.bind and futz away to your heart's
content.

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President