On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 06:26:25PM +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:51:50 -0700, Kenward Vaughan
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Use multicol package at the beginning of the first nested item,
> > then the end of the last nested item.
> >
> >         1. A line of text.
> >           (a) <ERT>\begin{multicols}{2}<endERT>First item
> >           (b) 2nd item
> >           (c) 3rd item
> >           (d) 4th item<ERT>\end{multicols}<endERT>
> >         2. etc.
>
> Thanks, Kenward and Eric. According to Herbert's example (for
> non-nested enumerate environments), one should insert, just before
> <ERT>\end{multicols}<endERT>, the following ERT:
>
> \vspace*{\fill}
>
> It also seems to improve the aesthetics of the nested enumerate
> environment.

Hmm.  Is this to be used on regular enumerations when one has > 1
column per page?  I put this into some of my exams at various points in
these nested, multi-columned environments (M/C answers on the exams),
and saw no change in anything.

Caveat: I'm no LaTeX guru, but at the other end of the spectrum.  I
don't even know what it _should_ do.

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,