Uwe Stöhr wrote:

It sound that only one LaTeX-run was performed. (The TOC is created in the second or third run). It often helps, if you give folder write-permissions for "Everybody" to LyX's installation- and working folders.

Thank you for your answers.

This seems to be the problem. I can see in LyX that LaTeX is run only once (but for some documents, it runs three times). LyX's folder is "read only" but I can't uncheck the box in the folder properties (well, I can, but it doesn't remain unchecked). But this is a Windows-Problem.

I have chosen french as the default document language, and with
\newtheorem{theo}[section]{Théorème}
\renewenvironment{thm}{\begin{theo}}{\end{theo}}
it works for Theorem, but I still need to translate Definition into Définition, and Corollary into Corollaire, and so on. Isn't there any layout available anywhere with everything already translated?

Maximilien