Jose' Matos wrote:

Do you have a small example where this happens?

  It should be easy to fix.

I cannot reproduce the infinite "hanging" yet with a small example, but I can reproduce an abort with error, so I'll leave the hang for later -- please note again, this is *not* win-specific, I also tried importing it on linux. Consider this latex doc:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\begin{tabular}{p{1.75cm}|c|p{0.75cm}|p{2cm}|p{3cm}|p{1.5cm}|p{1.5cm}}
    & &  & eigenvalue & & &  \\ \hline
    \multicolumn{6}{l}{log} \\ \hline
\end{tabular}
\end{document}

This compiles without errors in latex.

I run relyx on it, that reports "finished successfully!" and I get the following lyx document (I've tried not to change line spacing etc.):

<snip>
# The reLyX bundled with LyX 1.3 created this file.
# For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 2.15
\textclass article
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0

\layout Standard

\LyXTable
multicol5
2 7 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 1 0 0
0 1 0 0
8 0 1 "1.75cm" ""
8 0 1 "" ""
8 0 1 "0.75cm" ""
8 0 1 "2cm" ""
8 0 1 "3cm" ""
8 0 1 "1.5cm" ""
8 0 0 "1.5cm" ""
0 8 0 1 0 0 0 "" ""
0 8 0 1 0 0 0 "" ""
0 8 0 1 0 0 0 "" ""
0 8 0 1 0 0 0 "" ""
0 8 0 1 0 0 0 "" ""
0 8 0 1 0 0 0 "" ""
0 8 0 1 0 0 0 "" ""
1 2 0 1 0 0 0 "" ""
2 8 0 1 0 0 0 "" ""
2 8 0 1 0 0 0 "" ""
2 8 0 1 0 0 0 "" ""
2 8 0 1 0 0 0 "" ""
2 8 0 1 0 0 0 "" ""
0 8 0 1 0 0 0 "" ""

\newline

\newline

\newline
 eigenvalue
\newline

\newline

\newline

\newline
log

\the_end
</snip>

along with this .relyx1 file, if it matters at all:

<snip>
\documentclass{article}
</snip>

Then I run lyx2lyx on it, and it reports "Malformed lyx file" and aborts without output.

Is it multicolumn alone or do the column widths have anything to do?

cheers, sven