Rich Shepard wrote:
>     1) Are all floats referenced other than in the immediate vicinity?
>     They
> can be referenced as "... as seen in the following figure." Actually, I
> find adding a label while creating the float no more onerous than typing
> the title, moving the cursor to the front of that, pressing [Enter], then
> going Layout->Paragraph->Center before Insert->Graphic for each one. With
> all this, what's one more step? :-)

This is not a wise solution, because floats are floats because they can
float, i.e., "following" figure may actually get before its reference
(AFAIK).

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

[...] an old man recently told me "Son, I've learned something
new every day of my life, and I'm getting damn tired of it."