On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Angus Leeming wrote:

Go into the rightmost of the three boxes and press ctrl-enter again.

Angus,

  I really dislike appearing so dense, but I just cannot get this working as
it should. I've started over at least a half-dozen times without success.
Let me try explaining exactly what I've done so you can point out where I
erred:

  Use menu: Insert->Math->AMS Multiline Environment (and, yes, I have the
AMS package in the preamble). This gives me a single math box.

  Enter \mu_sum = then select a { from math panel/delimiters (keep matched
check box is unchecked) and press "Insert". As soon as I enter something I
get a large ] on the right side. Why? I did not select a square bracket and
I requested no match for the opening curly brace.

  Then I try entering a bit more of the equation and I press ctrl-enter.
This moves what I've entered down and leaves the cursor after the =, in
front of what I just entered.

  Attached is a pdf of the one page with the equation that's overfull and
needs to be split.

Many thanks,

Rich

--