On Mar 22, 2005, at 1:21 PM, Geoffrey Lloyd wrote:

Hi

I am having problems with some but not all my eps images. In some cases lyx gives the following in the graphics box

'Error converting to loadable format'

This tends to happen with figures that I have drawn in another package, say Illustrator, and then exported as eps. It doesnt always happen though!

Anyone else had a simialr problem or know a fix

Geoff

Sounds like some of your eps files have embedded tiff previews. Illustrator does this by default, but it can be turned off.
Latex cannot use files with embedded previews.