Luis Rivera scripsit:
> OK. So it might be that LyX is using some encoding at file storage level
> and something else at display level. People sometimes run into this
> trouble in Win#@ too: they enter (unknowingly, of course) utf text in some
> version of W*rd, and they get white squares at another...

I think that this will be only resolved when we switch to XML and
(therefore?) UTF-8. I know that UTF-8 is not mandatory for XML, but it
seems to me that switch to XML would be so big, that Unicodization would be
trivial in comparison (and it would be really helpful if in future LyX
would go towards KDEization -- do I understand it correctly that you have
to be Unicodized in order to be KDE?). The fact that couple of people
mentioned acronyms like DTD in the last couple of days seems to be hopeful
(of course, I do not hope for anything earlier than 1.5, but still it is
better than nothing).

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

A bird in the hand makes it awfully hard to blow your nose.