Thanks ..I went thru the lit and there was a command lyx -dbg graphics. It showed all that could be done on my system. It is able to give a preview of .png files. So guess I neede to install converters for other formats to work. Thanks all for their reponses.

Sincerely,
Vaibhav
Angus Leeming wrote:

Vaibhav Srivastava wrote:

Hi all,
When I include the images in Lyx document it is not able to give a preview. it says "error converting to loadable format". It happens irrespective of the format of the image file. I have used .pdf and .eps formats. But it does generate correct output. Only problem is previewing from inside lyx.
Does anybody have an idea.

http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/FiguresInLyX

Install the ImageMagick package and make sure that your PATH environment variable has C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.2.1-Q16 at the front.

I believe that there is also something about display of images on Windows here the bottom of this page:

http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/WindowsSetup

Angus

--
Vaibhav Srivastava