David Boutillier wrote:
I am having difficulty getting LyXWin working properly.

Usage: C:\LaTeX\LyX\lyx\bin\sed.exe [OPTION] .
.

configure: error: cannot find chkconfig.ltx script.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Muchly? :)

I don't think that I've ever seen the error that you appear to be reporting.

   configure: error: cannot find chkconfig.ltx script.

You should find this script at

   System directory: 'C:/LaTeX/LyX/lyx/share/lyx/'

If it is there then can you run

   $ dir \LaTeX\LyX\lyx\share\lyx
   $ latex chkconfig.ltx

???

One of the things that this will do is generate a little sed script, chkconfig.sed. Common versions of sed on Windows fail to work with this sed script because it contains DOS line endings rather than UNIX ones. So, either get a version of sed that can cope (I believe that there are recommendations on the wiki pages) or patch configure to remove the DOS line endings before running sed. There's a version of configure in the CVS tree that does this:

http://www.lyx.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/lyx-devel/lib/configure.m4.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.60.2.19&r2=text&tr2=1.60.2.22&diff_format=h
( Equivalent URL: http://tinyurl.com/d7rer )

Angus

djb

David Boutillier

PhD Candidate (ABD)

--

Department of Philosophy

The University of Western Ontario

London, Ontario, Canada

N6A 3K7

--

Phone: 416-567-1362

Fax: 519-661-3922

Email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]