On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Paul Smith wrote:

> > > I get the following error:
> > >
> > > replace-regexp-in-string: Symbol's function definition is void: caddr
> >
> > Ah.. that problem keeps popping up. The good news is that you're nearly
> > there. The bad news is that you probably have an old version of emacs.
> >
> > What does 'M-x emacs-version' say?
>
> GNU Emacs 21.3.2 (i386-mandrake-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll
> bars) of 2005-02-16 on n4.mandrakesoft.com, modified by Mandrake
>
> > If you don't feel like updating emacs, you can add this to your .emacs
> >
> > (defun caddr (X)
> >   "Define caddr"
> >   (car (cdr (cdr X))))
>
> Works with the above. Thanks!

Hi Paul

I've hopefully made 'caddr' automatically be defined by requiring a
package called 'cl' in pmwiki-mode.el. So I wonder if you could run

        cvs update

in the directory where you checked out pmwiki-mode.el. This should give
you the new version of that file. Then remove the definition of caddr in
your .emacs, restart emacs and see if it works "out of the box".

/Christian