David> Hello, I started to write a presentation in LyX using the
David> Beamer document class. Everythings seems to be working perfect.
David> Only, I wasn't able to figure out how to insert an optional
David> argument for some of the environments (like Date). When I open
David> the LyX demo files that came with Beamer, most of them have the
David> optional arguments but I am unable to create them in my
David> presentation. The optional arguments look like ERT boxes except
David> their tab says "opt"...

David> So far I managed by copying the opt-boxes from the demo file
David> but I was wondering how they were inserted in the demos.

Use Insert>Short Title. I know the name is not very helpful, but we
have not been able to come up with something better.

JMarc