Mike Meyer wrote:
>>Is there an easy way to redefine paragraph styles in Lyx?
> Well, you have sort of overlooked what I think is the point of
> LyX/LaTeX. But we'll skip that.

The point being that authors should concentrate on content and logical
markup, and typesetters/publishers should worry about how the final
thing looks? Kind of (but not exactly) like the separation between HTML
and CSS?

I'm wearing my typesetting hat at the moment, so does that mean that Lyx
isn't really suitable for me - it's more designed for content creators?

I've been looking at the "memoir" class and pure LaTeX and managed to do
some tweaks to the output. I'm doing a collection of short stories so
"chapters" is a bit of a misnomer, and each one has a different author
which makes things a bit complicated. But I think I'm getting there.

Thanks for the other info about layout files etc. I don't really mind
how it looks in LyX itself, so it seems like the book.cls file is the
one to check out. Seems like a steep learning curve, so thanks for
getting me started!

Paul.