----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Litt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 5:12 PM
Subject: Problems with my editor's note environment

Hi all,

My editor's not environment has 2 problems:

1. I cannot center the word "Editor's Note"
2. The line spacing on the last paragraph in this environment is spaced much
wider than other paragraphs in the same environment.

Note that the base for my layout file is memoir.

Here's my editor's note environment:

% ### whitebox is basis for StartNote and EndNote ###
% ### Implements 80% width, and indented paragraphs. ###
\newenvironment{whitebox}[0]%
 {%
 \setlength{\widthchange}{-2in}%
 \setlength{\minipagewidth}{\textwidth}%
 \addtolength{\minipagewidth}{\widthchange}%
 \hspace{-0.5\widthchange}%
 \begin{minipage}[]{\minipagewidth}%
 \begin{bfseries}%%
 Editor's Note\\[.2in]%
 \begin{tiny}%%
 \setlength\parindent{16pt}%%
 }%
 {%
 \end{tiny}%
 \end{bfseries}%
 \par
 \end{minipage}%
 ~\\[0.1in]
 }%

If I use

\center{Editor's Note}\\

it centers everything in the minipage -- not just the words Editor's Note. Go
figure.

I think this is correct. Everything after center will be centered until you tell it to do something else like raggedleft or raggedright

Not sure about the second issue as I couldn't seem to get the environment to work? If you could send a lyx file off list to me with it 'working' I will happily fiddle with it for you.

Geoff

I'm sure my mistakes are minor, but I can't find them. Anybody have an idea?

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
  * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
  * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
  * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist
Webmaster
  * Troubleshooters.Com
  * http://www.troubleshooters.com