Hm tried this before but gave it another try.
I installed lyx cocoaspell or aspell only.
Removed /Users/gahr/Library/Application Support/LyX this is the place
where in the apple installation the perferences are stored.

But i have the same problem i can't add word to a dictionary from within
lyx.

Alex

Re: Add Function Aspell (was Aspell personal dictionnaires OsX 10.4.2)
Andre Berger
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:20:22 -0700

* Alexander  Gahr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 2005-10-19 17:40 +0200:
> So i tried some more and i'm thinking that cocoaspell is working again
and
> i have choosen the en.pws file that cocaspell creates.
>
> I can perfectly add some word to this personal word list from outside of
> lyx but ....
>
> If i try it from within lyx the situation is that lyx know all new words
> cocoaspell leared outside of lyx, but it will not add any new words.
>
> I think the add button is simply not working in my case.
> So all the problems before result in an not working add funktion within
> lyx.
>
> Anybody a clue?
>
> Using :
>
> OsX 10.4.2
> Lyx 1.3.6
> CocoAspell 2.02 (Apspell 6.0)

Looks like an error in your configuration files. Move all of them out
of the way! In LyX, leave the personal dictionary field blank. Add a
word, and ~/.aspell*pws should be created.

-Andre

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX supergünstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate für nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl