----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Harris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "John Kane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: Installation Problem. All entries in Textclass.lst are "false " so no output. Any suggestions?

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Kane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:43 AM

I have just tried to install LyX 1.3.6 under Windows
XP.  I like what I have seen but I have a problem. As
the heading says: I cannot produce any output because
LyX has marked all the layouts apparently as not
existing.

I think you may have done a larger install because as I recall
renaming "make" is done as part of a bigger install, although
it may not hurt. Not correctly installing Minsys and Latex are
often the culprits for producing that textclass error, which I
think is also still produced if you use the Uwe installer rather
than the Angus installer (if you don't know about this option
then don't worrry about it).

I actually meant Tex Information rather than "textclass error"
which I think provides some measure for a new user, of a
working intall of the Lyx system, when I mentioned installers.
under View-->TeX Information, displays various Latex classes

Regards,
Stephen