----- Original Message ----- From: "Uwe Stöhr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Stephen Harris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:15 PM
Subject: Re: LyX Windows installer and TeXLive

Stephen Harris wrote:

I meant that the reason I didn't test TeXlive2005, ProText, and
the Miktex .iso installs with both installers was because your
installer doesn't display Tex Information, which is one of my
testing criteria and the Angus installer does.

I found the bug now. I simply forgot to ship the "find.exe" from MSYS with my installer.
I'll upload a new version of the installer soon.

regards Uwe

I downloaded your Lyx1.3.6_1 version 2 installer yesterday, Nov. 15,
the full version. But I only uninstall my old Lyx1.3.6. Still the install
went well. And it loaded Gsview to c:\program files, which was not
where I have one. It showed up in the Edit/Preferences/Path prefix.
Strangely, the Path prefix also showed gs8.13 which I've deleted
in favor of gs8.51and which is also in my Windows path. So I'm
not sure where it came from, but printing worked. I changed the
Path Prefix over to the correct gs8.51 folder and it all still worked!

However, Nov.15 version must not be the one you fixed for find.exe
because that didn't work for displaying Tex Information. So I took a
chance and copied find.exe (and find2perl to be on the safe side) from
C:\msys\1.0\bin\ copy find*.* to C:\LyX\bin. Then I ran Reconfigure.
Lo and behold, the Tex Information was now fully populated with .cls!
So that turns out to be really easy to fix. The install went pretty quickly.

Regards,
Stephen