Uwe, thanks for correcting the instant-preview glitch in your installer.

In my eyes, the installer is a great step ahead to make LyX popular amongst
Windows-Users who are typically not willing to install all sorts of auxiliary
programs (MinGW,Imagemagick,  ...) before being able to try out a new unknown
application. Thanks for the great work!

I have the following suggestions for improvement, some may concern the
installer, some LyX itself:

- I am using LyX with slightly larger screen fonts than in the
  default configuration. (Getting old.) Unfortunately, the math
  formulas displayed by instant preview dont scale correspondingly,
  they remain in the small fonts.

- Generating pdf-files, one obtains rather ugly bit-mapped fonts, until
  one finds the trick (in the FAQs) of changing the fonts size to "ae"
  in Document->Layout. Why not making this the default from the beginning ?

- I typically start LyX by doubleclicking on a .lyx-file. This opens LyX with
  the file as expected. When the document is more or less in final form, I
  scrutinize the the dvi-file for error. Unfortunately:

  = each C-d starts a new instance of Yap. This means that each time I have to
    adapt Yap again by enlarging fonts, etc.

  = Going back to LyX I sometimes do it by doubleclicking the .lyx-file again.
    This opens a new LyX on the same file. At the end I discover that I have
    several LyXes open on the same file. Oops!! Which one do I want to save now
?

    ==> How about an warning message when opening LyX on a file that is already
        open in LyX. This behaviour is common in most editors.

Greetings,

H.Peter Gumm