Thanks. I understand how to do it now. However I found a problem: I
want a button to insert a reference. I found the command
"reference-insert". Adding the line

  Icon "reference-insert"

in the Toolbar section of default.ui does add the new button, but it
does not find the icon. There is not such icon in the standard lyx
images directory, so I created my own references-insert.xpm and put it
in my .lyx/images directory, but LyX still doesn't find it. This is
rather strange, since it does find the other icons in that same
directory. What am I doing wrong?

--
Ernesto Posse
Modelling, Simulation and Design Lab - School of Computer Science